“In with the new,” as the saying goes. Those of you subscribing to my newsletter know that we’ve just moved from our home (waay out in the country) of 17 years, to the Sacramento area. It was time to downsize and move closer to our son and daughter-in-law (more on that in a later post). It’s been a long time since we moved houses; it was just as stressful a process as we’d remembered. Selling one house while buying another, the juggling of two escrows and two sets of inspections and … and … and …. Well, you get the idea.
The packing alone took forever and was rather emotional at times. Downsizing meant purging of “stuff” – some more difficult to part with than others – and we had some hard decisions to make. But we got through it and have been in the new place about a week. So far we have been completely immersed in unpacking – with much more to do. There’s no real rush, of course, other than having to constantly say “Where did I see ….”
On the bright side, I successfully “negotiated” (read “begged” and “pleaded”) for the office space at the front of the house to use as my studio – mostly because it has better light than the guest bedrooms. It’s been more than a year since I packed away my art supplies in preparation for the sale of the house. Needless to say, I’m more than ready to get my studio up and running. I took a few minutes to do a short video for you on my first studio project – setting my new art supply storage unit. I apologize in advance for the lighting and the uneven sound quality – be prepared to adjust your volume control. I don’t have proper recording lighting set up (yet) and the video of the storage unit was shot on my iPhone.
I’ll be back soon with more video … assuming of course, I don’t get lost in this sea of boxes!