Overlays are grayscale JPG files that can be added to your digital scrapbook page to add texture, depth and interest. In this video I show you three ways to colorize them – including color overlays, blend modes and the gradient tool.
- Technique Level: Easy to Intermediate.
- Application Used: Photoshop Elements 2018 but will techniques will work in older versions and in the full version of Photoshop
- Skill Building Tools: Color Overlay, Blend Mode, Gradient Tool
Products Used on This Page
- Find my Artful Overlay products in my shop here.
- Find my other textured overlays, transparent overlays and paper textures in my shop here.
Be sure to comment below if you like this tutorial, or if you have any questions about the technique I used! I’d love to hear from you!
If you try this tutorial, I’d love to see it! Post it in my Designer Gallery at Oscraps!