You know, when my Mom was 65 she seemed so very old! But now that old lady is ME and now that I’m there … well it’s not old at all!
I find this age very freeing because I am no longer concerned about what others think. I’ve always been pretty upfront about my opinions — if you know me, you know me, I always say. But, as my younger self, there was always a part of me that was very much aware of how I was perceived. As a female, in management, in the male-dominated high tech world, it was always a struggle to walk that tightrope between being assertive but not ” aggressive”. Being a manager, but not “bossy”. Being determined to be heard but not “bitchy”. The older I’ve gotten, though, the less important it is to me how I appear to the world.
My challenge to you this month is to create a page reflecting how you feel about the aging process.
The Challenge Rules are below — and just a reminder:
- Your page can be as “arty” as you want – or not arty all.
- It doesn’t need to be “heavy” or “deep” — unless you wish it to be.
Don’t forget: subscribers to my newsletter receive monthly discount coupons and freebies.
On my challenge page, I got pretty specific (lol!) about my comfort level at being 65. I repeated the woman sketch multiple times to reinforce the idea that I am who I am and there is no hiding it. The page has a lot going on, but since that’s how life is right now anyway, it fits my mindset.
I used my Age is Just a Number collection (of course) and one of my go-to free “typewritter” fonts (VTPortableRemington available at dafont.com for my journaling. Since the background is so busy, a made “tags” to place under key points and then used a hard round brush in red to outline the tags. If you’d like a tutorial on exactly how I did that, leave a comment below.
I also used this month’s freebie — with the ticket and stapled words, created by my talented Creative Team member, Jana, — to make sure my message got delivered! Lol!
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
The Challenge Rules
Participants in my monthly challenges are entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop! Challenge winners and participants may be featured on my website, in my newsletter and social media.
The September challenge is to create a page about how the aging process has affected you!
- If your page mainly consists of the featured collection “Age is Just a Number,” you’ll automatically be entered a second time in the coupon drawing!
- Any other products used on the page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs.
- Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery at Oscraps. See button below which will take you to a page with a video for instructions on how to do this.
- Come back to this Challenge post and leave a comment, along with a link to your page in my gallery. See button below for instructions on how to do this.
- Entries may be featured on my website or in my newsletter or other social media.
- This challenge runs through the last day of the month. The winner will be announced on this page and notified via PM in the Oscraps forum the first week of the following month.
September Featured Collections
Age is Just a Number — 50% off
This collection is designed to help you capture the moments between aging gracefully and completely embracing the next phases of of life journey. Soft backgrounds, pops of pink, and a variety of word strips will have you scrapping your story for years to come. This collection is perfect for all your digital art journaling, scrapbooking and hybrid and card making projects!
Age is Just a Number Add-on — 40% off
This add-on bundle, which is only available during September, contains some fab vintage images of strong women, journal cards with and without the shadows you see on the preview and a ton of stickers to further decorate your pages. As a bonus, I’ve also included a set of printables for your hybrid projects.