We are living in tumultuous times. Sometimes you don’t know what to do, or where to turn for comfort. Sometimes, things happen in a most unexpected way and you sit there just trying to figure out what it all means. Sometimes the fear and anxiety can cause you to shutdown. Uncertainty can make it difficult to know which of the two forks in the road you should choose.
There are times in your life when you have to take a chance. When you have to trust that things will work out. There are times in your life when you are called on to just do it. Or maybe there is someone in your life that needs your encouragement and support as they face their own challenges.
My challenge to you this month is to create a page reflecting some sort of positive support — words of wisdom to someone else, to yourself , or even to your younger self — if you could go back and give her a message. In other words, this month we are looking to be uplifting — whatever that means to you.
The Challenge Rules are below — and just a reminder:
- Your page can be as “arty” as you want – or not arty all.
- It doesn’t need to be “heavy” or “deep” — unless you wish it to be.
Don’t forget: subscribers to my newsletter receive monthly discount coupons and freebies.
I tend to be overly cautious about some things. I can worry a decision until I am so confused I don’t know which way is up. I make lists of pros and cons and discuss with everyone who will lend an ear. I will debate myself and meditate and dream and …. Well, you get the idea.
So my page reflects sort of (but not exactly, lol) what the Husband said to me one time when I wrestled with something so long he was tired of hearing about it.
He was right of course — don’t tell him I said so. I needed to just trust the process. In one of my previous lives, in a senior management position in the high tech industry, the company sent us to leadership training. One of the sessions was on the importance of trust and one of the exercises I had to do was stand with my back to a co-worker and then fall backwards, trusting she would catch me. She did, of course. So my page is me reminding myself of that day.
I used this month’s Featured Kit, “Time to Fly” and one of the silhouettes from “We Are Women” — coupons for both are on the right.
The Challenge Rules
Participants in my monthly challenges are entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop! Challenge winners and participants may be featured on my website, in my newsletter and social media. Downloading my freebies will add you to my mailing list.
The October challenge is to create a page reflecting some sort of positive support — words of wisdom to someone else, to youself, or even to your younger self —if you could go back and give her a message. In other words, this month we are looking to be uplifting — whatever that means to you.
- If your page mainly consists of “Time to Fly” you’ll automatically be entered a second time in the coupon drawing!
- Any other products used on the page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs.
- Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery at Oscraps. For video instructions on how to participate in my challenges, click the button below.
- Come back to this Challenge post and leave a comment, along with a link to your page in my gallery. For video instructions, click the button below.
- Entries may be featured on my website or in my newsletter or other social media.
- This challenge runs through the last day of the month. The winner will be announced on this page and notified via PM in the Oscraps forum — usually the first week of the following month.
October Featured Kit
— Time to Fly —
If you missed the sale on “Time to Fly” during the DSD sale, you can use coupon code VRD-77-4652 to take $2.00 off the kit through the end of October.
We Are Women
If don’t already We Are Women in your stash, use coupon code VRD-ONE-WOMEN to take $1.00 off through the end of October.
Find this Freebie in my shop. Downloading it will add you to my mailing list.