Since May is “Mental Health Awareness,” and given the strange world we are living in right now, I’d like to know what you are doing to take care of your own mental health. It’s so important that you set aside some time just for you. As women, we often put the needs of others before our own. But the result of doing so often leaves us emotionally drained and too physically tired to tend to ourselves.
You probably know that for me, setting aside time to create art is like taking a vacation from life. But sometimes even that is not enough. Husband and I have been taking morning walks just to get out of the house. But one of the most beneficial things I do every day is sit on my back patio, without any of my beloved devices, close my eyes and just breathe. I wouldn’t really call it “meditation” — it’s just quiet time. That’s when I realize that the lemon trees have flowered and are filling the air with their delicious scent. And that the birds are singing and that … well you get the idea.
The May challenge is to create a page that illustrates, in some way, anything that you are doing to take care of yourself in this bizzarro world we are living in.
See the full rules for the challenge below, but remember:
- Your page can be as “arty” as you want – or not arty all
- As I said last month, it doesn’t need to be “heavy” or “deep” — unless you wish it to be.
- I have journaled on my page, but you don’t need to do that, but feel to do so if you wish. I’ve got a short video for you demonstrating how to hide journaling if you don’t want it to be seen by others.
My Challenge Page
I used elements from the both Breathe and Tranquility, which I’ve put together into the “Coping With” bundle (which includes some freebies). “Coping With” is my May feature priced at 50% off (during May 2020)— two kits for the price of one — for the rest of the month. If you use mainly these products on your page, you’ll get another entry into the coupon drawing.
Did you notice that burst radiating around the figure on the flower? I used a stenciling technique from one of my tutorials demonstrating my Inky Stencil + Floral brush set. There’s a coupon for that brush set waiting for you on the tutorial page, so be sure to take a look at that because you get another entry to the drawing if you use it on our page.
The Challenge Rules
Participants in my monthly challenges are entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop! Challenge winners and participants may be featured on my website, in my newsletter and social media.
- The May challenge is to create a page that illustrates, in some way, anything that you are doing to take care of yourself right now.
- If your page mainly consists of May’s featured “Coping With” bundle (or either of those two products) on your page, you’ll automatically be entered a second time in the coupon drawing!
- If you use my Inky Stencil + Floral brush set on your page, you’ll automatically get another entry into the drawing. Be sure to watch the tutorial (see above) for a coupon to take $2.00 off that brush set,
- Any other products used on the page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs.
- Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery at Oscraps. See button below for instructions on how to do this.
- Come back to this Challenge post and leave a comment, along with a link to your page in my gallery. See button below for instructions on how to do this.
This challenge runs through the last day of the month. The winner will be announced on this page and notified via PM in the Oscraps forum the following week.