Because of the corona virus and other important issues that the U.S. — and indeed the rest of the world — has been facing, I’ve been feeling the weight in my heart. I know that if I’m feeling this way, others are too.
This month’s challenge is one that I personally needed and perhaps you do, too. It’s a simple challenge: create a page about anything that fills you with hope. Let’s flood the gallery — and therefore our minds, with uplifiting messages.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with – and if this challenge helped you through whatever challenges you may be facing right now.
The Challenge Rules are below – and just a reminder:
- Your page can be as “arty” as you want – or not arty all
- It doesn’t need to be “heavy” or “deep” — unless you wish it to be
Don’t forget: subscribers to my newsletter receive monthly discount coupons and freebies. Just sayin’. 🙂
My Challenge Page
My own page started out as something else, but I just kept placing the same images and words from the “Express Yourself: Hope” bundle over and over. So, I just went with it and rather than creating one focal point, I decided to let the kit elements do the talking for me.
There is quite a bit of hidden journaling underneath — some of it addresses my feelings about the vile and hurtful comments I received after the release last month of “The Struggle is Real: Inequality.” I knew this would be a difficult topic for some people and expected there would be some folks not at all interested. I’m perfectly ok with that — there’s room in the world for all types of art. But, I have a hard time wrapping my head around how cruel and insensitive people can be. However, I also received lots of supportive comments, so journaling it out helped me get to place of acceptance.
The Challenge Rules
Participants in my monthly challenges are entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop! Challenge winners and participants may be featured on my website, in my newsletter and social media.
- The July challenge is to use the instructions above to create a page about “hope” — whatever that means to you.
- If your page mainly consists of July’s featured “Express Yourself: Hope” bundle on your page, you’ll automatically be entered a second time in the coupon drawing!
- Any other products used on the page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs.
- Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery at Oscraps. See button below which will take you to a page with a video for instructions on how to do this.
- Come back to this Challenge post and leave a comment, along with a link to your page in my gallery. See button below for instructions on how to do this.
This challenge runs through the last day of the month. The winner will be announced on this page and notified via PM in the Oscraps forum the following week.