I know that many scrappers/journalers sometimes have a hard time getting started. I think that part of the problem is that the standard scrapping page is 12 x 12 and that’s a LOT of whitespace staring you in the face!
For my first page this year, I decided to do something smaller. I chose a long and narrow format and guess what? The page came together so quickly, I couldn’t believe it!
For me, this page is about those insecurities we all have – whether you are good enough, or talented enough or whether you are really “equipped” (for lack of a better word) to take on the things we want to do. As a creative person, I always find myself facing these doubts and then looking back into my past to sort of prove my own negative feelings. More and more I’m realizing that the past is important only if you learn from it – it’s not a life sentence!
Of course, your own page does not need to be an art journal page – it can be whatever you want it to be. But whatever your page is, let’s try something different. Lets go SMALL!
I’ve got a little sampler for you from my Junque Journal: Chapter 1 kit, which is my featured kit for January. It includes the same size card I used; a couple of partial backgrounds; and a few sample elements from the kit.
Here’s my challenge:
- Use the freebie I provide to create a page that includes the same image used three times on the page.
- Any other products used on the page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs.
- If the other elements on your page include elements from Junque Journal: Chapter 1, you’ll automatically be entered a second time in the coupon drawing!
- Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery at Oscraps
- Come back to this Challenge post and leave a comment, along with a link to your page in my gallery.
Participants in my monthly challenges are entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop! And dont forget that if you use Junque Journal Chapter 2 on your page you’ll automatically get another entry into the contest!
To get the freebie sampler, click on the button below the sampler preview. You’ll need to enter your email address – but don’t worry, doing so won’t get your on my newsletter list. You’ll get an email with the freebie download link AND a coupon for 20% off Junque Journal: Chapter 2 in case you want to use it and don’t already have it!
What to do you say? Are you ready to start 2020 off with something a little different?