Find Joy in the Ordinary
Feel free to interpret this month’s prompt in any manner that suits you. Click the freebie image below to get it from my Oscraps shop.
As always, eligible participants will be entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop. Note that for each of the products featured on this page that you use in your layout, you’ll earn another entry into the drawing. The Challenge Rules are below.
Don’t forget: subscribers to my newsletter receive monthly discount coupons and freebies.
My Page — Changing My Perception
If there is one thing that the Covid 19 pandemic lockdown has made me realize, it’s that the little things —the everyday things —are important and are to be cherished. I mean, seriously.
Who knew that the mere act of taking a walk outside could feel so liberating? Or that worrying about having enough toilet paper was actually a thing? Or that the ability to pop out to the store four times a week — on a whim — was something I’d taken for granted? Or that being considerate of the health and welfare of other people is a topic open to debate? Or (dare I say it) that the democracy of our country was so fragile? Or that dreading what I would hear on the evening news would be a daily occurence? Or that hugging a family member could be so high on my list of priorities for the day?
As I mentioned in last month’s challenge, I discovered a lot about myself during the past year — it almost makes my head spin.
So, taking the joy in the ordinary, is something I personally need to do to keep my sanity. I hope it will resonate with you, too. My page uses The Music’s in Me, which is $2.00 off during Februare 2021. The journaling reads:
“I have the power in me to change my perception. If I go out looking for all the bad, sad, unhappy things in the world, then that is what I will find. If, instead, I look around at all the good things, all the beauty and all the joy, then more of that will come my way. I’m trying to look for the beauty in my life and stop taking things for granted. Sometimes I think I’m so busy wishing for this or that, or yearning for something adventurous or glamorous that I forget just how blessed I already am. So each day I will ask myself, “what did you see this morning when you first woke up? Did I notice the beauty of another day? Of the sunlight streaming through the window? Of birds singing their morning song?”
This challenge runs through the last day of the month. The winner will be announced on my website and notified via PM in the Oscraps forum — usually the first week of the following month.
Entries may be featured on my website or in my newsletter or other social media.
All eligible participants will be entered into a drawing for a $5.00 coupon to my shop.
- Create a page using this month’s challenge prompt, which will earn you one entry into the coupon drawing.
- For each of the products featured on this page that you use in your layout, you’ll earn another entry into the drawing.
- All products used on your page must be by Vicki Robinson Designs
- Upload your page to the Vicki Robinson Designs Gallery at Oscraps. Note that uploading at Oscraps has changed, so please watch this Oscraps Tutorial. Instead of uploading to one of the Oscraps Galleries, though, choose Vicki Robinson Designs from the Designer Galleries list.
- After you have uploaded to my Designer Gallery, copy the url of from your browser’s address bar and then come back to this Challenge post, leave a comment at the bottom and paste in that url.